Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Transperancy

Inspirational Artists Who Work With Transperancy:
The above image is a painting of a wine glass by artist  Pamela Hunt Lee. I like the simplicity of the image and also how the colors of the stem consist of various colors including yellow, blue and red. The painting relates to my most recent project in that they are both playing with the idea of transparency, with a soft, blended background with a more crisp image of transparent wine glass focused in the painting.

My Artwork:

The above image is a photo of the glasses which I painted for the Transparency project. I love the soft blended background of the photo, and how I used many colors to create an otherwise white background. I also like all the pieces of color that are reflected in the glass. One of my favorite portions of the painting is the base of the blue glass. I need to work on having more accurate proportions, as well as making sure that my cups are not crooked. Overall I am happy with the results of the painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment