I turned the Hopper inspired photo into a pencil sketch. I thought a sketch would be the most effective way to accurately portray the photo because of all of the crisp edges in the photo, as well as the black and white effect. The photo consists of various shades of grey which the pencil portrays very nicely. I am happy with the way I was able to depict the vanishing perspective, and i am also pleased with the accuracy of my proportions of the architecture. A couple things I could do better on include making sure all of my lines are as straight and as crisp as possible. I should also note that the proportions of the people are slightly off, and their heads should probably be smaller so that they are more proportionate to their bodies.
The sketch relates to Edward Hopper in that there is a vanishing point, there is architecture anda series of crisp lines and angles. The sketch is also similar to the type of artwork Hopper would do in that there are people who are enveloped in a relatively lonely, and empty scene. I also was inspired by Hopper's use of dramatic contrast in shades, and tried to incorporate these ideas into my sketch.

No comments:
Post a Comment