The above paiting is a watercolor image of a fish that was photographed in the Baltimore National Aquarium. Some of the aspects I like about this painting include the subtle shifts in color along the body and fins of the fish, particularly in the areas where the green shifts into orange, red, and purple hues. I also apreciated how I was able to create crisp lines around the eye, and face of the fish, becuase I tend to struggle with alowing my edges to be sharp. I could have enhanced the painting by working more on making the bottom fin a more mirror image of the upper fin, and I also could have added more detail to the image by adding scales along the body of the fish. Overall I am happy with the results of the painting, particularly because it was my first time working with Watercolor paints.
No comments:
Post a Comment