Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Inspiration

For the next project in Visual art IV, I will be using the works of Edward Hopper for inspiration. I really enjoy his use of straight lines, composition, and bold shadows. Everything in the paintings of Hopper is very straight and draws the eye toward the main focal point of the painting. As someone who typically tends to paint with a softer focus and less details, I think it would be a good challenge for me to try and take the opposite approach with the inspiration of Hopper. All of the paintings of Hopper evoke a sentiment of loneliness, with typically a single figure alone in a room, or an alley.

1 comment:

  1. Great thoughts. Add a picture of a painting of his that speaks to you. I look forward to seeing what you do with this piece. It's Hopper like grasshopper by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete